ISOI was established in the year 1970, with its headquarters at the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru. Today it has six chapters at Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Dehradun and Pune. In Our College it was started in the year 2007.It strives to act as a link between academic institutions and the instrumentation industry, by organizing several programs. It also conducts programs for students and working professionals in the form of short term courses, symposia and topical reviews. The objectives of the Society are the following:
- To provide a forum for pooling the knowledge and experience of individuals, participants from scientific institutions and industrial organizations interested in promoting development of instruments and instrumentation systems.
- To act as an exchange bureau for dissemination of technical information by way of periodic and special publications, appraising the technical and scientific personnel in the industries as well as in research institutions to satisfy the requirements in the field of instrumentation.
- To organize liaison between interested entrepreneurs with technical problems in their instrumentation activities and the experts who offer to act as consultants.
1. To plan,organize Technical Programs,Special Lectures,Workshops,Seminars Symposia,exhibition for the benefit of students.
2. To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics for interest,e.g.,curriculum,employment,higher educational opportunities,emerging trends,etc.
3. To facilitate technical visits,project works,employment,contact with industries and academic institutions.
4. Encourage team spirit and self reliance among student members.
5. ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional in young students.
1. Free journal copy throughout lifetime.
2. Concession in registration fee (Conference/Symposium/Workshop organized by ISOI)
To engage in such activities and thus contribute towards promoting instrumentation activities. The staff in charge for ISOI is Dr.V.Rukkumani, Associate Professor/EIE who along with the Head of the Department Dr.K.Srinivasan is responsible to initiate, plan and organize the various activities under the banner of ISOI.